NEW IRELAND PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT
FREE & SUBSIDISED EDUCATION SUBSIDY
As enshrined in the initial Malagan Declaration, the extended Malagan Declaration Forward and the new incorporated New Ireland Declaration, the New Ireland Government continues to prioritise the Free and Subsidised Education policy.
Since 2007, the New Ireland Government has invested in Education by implementing the Free and Subsidised Education policy consistently in the last 10 years in order to ensure all its citizens have access to educational opportunities so they are able to realise their full potential and achieve their career dreams and goals.
My government is pleased to announce continuation of this policy and we are pleased to assist you achieve your goals, dreams and ambition. I encourage all students to access this subsidy and make the best use of this opportunity.
New Ireland students attending the recognized and approved tertiary institutions and UPNG Open Learning Kavieng, Konos or Namatanai are eligible to apply for subsidy under the criteria listed below;
- Students must not be receiving any other payments towards their fees, or be full time employees, from NIPG.
- Student was born in NIP or lived in NIP for a minimum of 5 years, and whose parents are permanent residents of NIP or;
- Student whose parents have been transferred by Government employers for permanent postings or;
- Students whose parents have been transferred by Churches to work in New Ireland Province or;
- Student whose parents have transferred to reside in NIP and are running private businesses.
- Degree and above courses- student must have Grade 12 transcripts all other courses must have Grade 10 transcripts.
- Student must not have been previously terminated from an education institution for disciplinary reasons.
- Degree courses. A Student must have obtained a grade point average score 0f 2.0 or above to qualify.
- Student transcripts of previous certificate or diploma courses, subsidised by NIPG, must have achieved a minimum of a pass and graduated in the course they attended.
Please refer to the information sheet for more detailed information. Should you require further information contact the Government Subsidy office on the address below;
I wish you the very best in your studies for 2021